When you are out on the road in your car, you should be prepared for the fact that anything might happen to your car, at any given point of time. Just imagine how critical it is when your car breaks down all of a sudden or simply runs into trouble in an area, where you can’t access instant repairing service. Calling for expert’s help and getting your car repaired by a mechanic is indeed a time consuming affair and you might not be fortunate enough to get instant help, always! Keeping such situations in mind, it’s wise to keep certain essential tools in your car as these can prove to be your savior in the most difficult situations of your life.
If you are still under the impression that in order to make your car run properly or repair any and every issue, you need to be a professional mechanic, you are going on the wrong track! Quite fortunately, you can handle many of these issues on your own, only if you have the right tools and minimal mechanical knowledge. You might have come across many people, associated with the automotive market, who prefer to keep a wide range of tools in their car, but it’s more important to keep the core and most essential items in the car, so that you can handle the primary challenges competently.
Here’s a list of the tools that you must keep in your car –
- Socket and Driver Set – No matter with how much expertise a car has been manufactured, some of its parts might come loose at any point of time. Most often, if you can tighten the loosened part with perfect accuracy, it will help solve the problem completely. For instance, tightening a slipped hose clamp, a loose battery terminal connection, or a little part under the hood can prove to be extremely helpful. You don’t need to have a vast knowledge of the automotive field in order to handle these simple and obvious problems.
- Torque Wrench – A torque wrench is considered to be one of the most essential tools of any and every garage. With torque wrench, you can tighten the fasteners as per the original specifications. It’s important to do this for ensuring that the wheel lug is perfectly tight to withstand normal driving. At the same time, you would also not like to over-tighten any of the components. If you can dial in the right torque with the help of a torque wrench, it will help you get these jobs done without any problem.
- Tow strap – A tow strap is a very strong fabric that helps you move your disabled car to a certain distance. In case your car malfunctions and it’s not possible to move it by any other means, pulling it with the help of a tow strap is the best possible thing you can do. In fact, you can move your car up to a few miles with the help of a tow strap. This strap also serves as a handy tape to tie down something or as a rescue rope.
- Mechanics Tool Set – A mechanics tool set is a must-have for all car owners. You might have often seen your dad, busy with a toolbox, in your childhood. Now, if you are associated with some kind of an automobile, you have to have a mechanics tool set ready at place. Consisting of a lot of nuts, bolts and socket accessories, this tool set comes in extremely handy for solving little issues. Be sure to buy a 220 piece tool set as this will include almost everything that you might need.
- Jack and Jack Stand – Accessing the undercarriage of your car properly is an important part of the entire maintenance project. In order to do the same, you need to get your car off the ground and this is where jack and jack stands prove to be of great help. Make sure you have a safe floor jack that easily fits under your car. At the same time, you should set the car at a height so that you get enough clearance to perform the necessary actions.
- Reflective triangle – Finally, a reflective triangle is one of the most essential tools that you should always keep in your car. This is important not only for your own safety, but also for the safety of others. If your car ever breaks down in a secluded area, you will be able to draw the attention of other motorists and vehicles passing by, with the help of a reflective triangle. In case you don’t have this tool in your car, there are high chances of the other motorists and vehicles passing you by, without even noticing your predicament.
Apart from these tools, you should also keep certain other tools in your car. These include a brake bleeding kit, a code reader, a puncture repair kit, a hydraulic jack, a flashlight, a jump lead, a few jumper cables, a lug-nut wrench, an ice scraper, a folding shovel, a tire-pressure gauge and tire chains. According to the experts of the cars industry, it’s extremely important to keep all these essential tools in your car. With these easy-to-use, yet extremely effective tools in the tow, you will be ready for the small repairing jobs. Be sure to store these tools in such an area of your vehicle that’s easily accessible so that you can easily get these out, as and when needed the most.